The Sony PXW-Z100 4K handheld XDCAM camcorder provides professional-quality 4K recording in a familiar handheld form factor. It is capable of recording true 4K 4096x2160 resolution video at up to 50 and 60fps. Utilizing Sony's XVAC 4:2:2 10-bit intra frame recording format, the same found in the PMW-F55 CineAlta camera, the PXW-Z100 records 4K video at a maximum bit rate of 600Mbps. The camcorder features a G lens with 20x optical zoom and three control rings, dual XQD memory card slots, and 4K HDMI and 3G/HD-SDI interfaces.
Its traditional camcorder controls and ergonomics make transitioning to the PXW-Z100 effortless. Familiar features include XLR audio, ND filters, ASSIN button, white balance presets, and gain control settings. The PXW-Z100 makes professional-quality 4K images a reality for markets and applications such as educational and corporate videos, live events, houses of worship, and more.
- Exmor™ R CMOS Sensor The PXW-Z100 provides high-sensitivity and good low-light performance due to the back-illuminated Exmor™ R CMOS sensor. With over 8.8 million pixels, the 1/2.3" sensor captures 4K images at frame rates of 23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, and or 59.94p.
- High-Performance G Lens & Four-Stage ND Filters The built-in, 4K optimized G lens provides a 30mm wide angle view (35mm equivalent) in 4K 4096x2160 mode or 31.5mm in QFHD 3840x2160 and Full HD 1920x1080 modes. It also offers a 20x optical zoom range and high-speed servo zoom controls.
- XAVC Recording Format The PXW-Z100 uses the same professional-quality XAVC recording format found in Sony's PMW-F55 CineAlta 4K camera. MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression is used to record Full HD (1920x1080), QFHD (3840x2016), and true 4K (4096x2160) content. Image sampling is 4:2:2 10-bit with intra frame recording at a maximum bit rate of 600 Mbps during 4K 60p recording, and 223 Mbps at Full HD 60.
- 4K HDMI and 3G/HD-SDI Interfaces The HDMI interface can output 4K as 50/60p signals and, when connected to a Sony PVM-X300 4K professional monitor or a 4K-compatible Sony BRAVIA TV, the recorded 4K image can be displayed at full 4K 50/60p quality. Other interfaces include 3G/HD-SDI, which outputs up to Full HD 60p signals, even during 4K recording. Simultaneous 4K HDMI and 3G/HD-SDI output in not supported.
- Creative "Paint Function" for Multiple Parameter Adjustment Adjust multiple image parameter settings using the "paint function" on the PXW-Z100, including gamma curve, black level, skin tone, detail, and color. These parameter settings can be saved as a profile onto a memory card, allowing you to use these settings in other PXW-Z100 camcorder. This is useful for matching images during multi-camera setups.
- Wi-Fi Control Remotely control focus, zoom, aperture, and record functions using the browser on your smartphone or tablet. Simply plug the supplied Wi-Fi adapter into the camcorder's USB port to enable the wireless control feature.
- XLR Audio Inputs Two XLR inputs support the use of professional-quality microphones. A Sony ECM-XM1 shotgun microphone comes included. Use the built-in stereo microphone or the use the external XLR inputs to record two channels of 24-bit 48kHz audio.